We're really excited by the great response to our workshop both from the folks that attended but also everyone that tweeted (thanks @carlystrasser!) and participated from elsewhere in the conference and around the world.
The final slides from the presentation are below (we'll make printer-friendly copies available shortly):
Git resources mentioned during the workshop
If you're interested playing along during the workshop:
- Install R and Rstudio on your laptop.
- Next, install a version of Git for your OS and a Git gui to go along with it. [Windows, OSX, more clients]. While you're in Git mode, also sign up for a free account on GitHub (so you can have remote copies/backups of your work and easily collaborate with other scientists.)
- Once you have Git and Github installed, set up the configuration to link your local machine to the cloud (just a one-time thing).
- Finally, install a couple of our packages that we will demo during the workshop:
- Put a on it.
- That's it! Drop us a line if you have any trouble. We look forward to seeing you there.